SOCAN Information

Search form

SOCAN is the agency that represents artists in Canada. Under Tariff 19, anyone who plays music for teaching dance is required to pay a yearly fee to SOCAN. "A Tariff 19 license gives you the right to perform musical works from SOCAN's repertoire to accompany physical exercises (dancersize, aerobics, body building and other similar activities) and dance instruction, and applies to one room only." 

Please review the following documents for more information regarding the agreement between the Canadian DanceSport Federation and SOCAN.